ESTABLISHED 2010 - Beyond The Campfire was created to encourage readers to explore the great outdoors and to observe it close up. Get out and take a hike, go fishing or canoeing, or simply stretch out on a blanket under a summer sky...and take your camera along. We'll talk about combining outdoor activities with photography. We'll look at everything from improving your understanding of the basics of photography to more advanced techniques including things like how to see photographically and capturing the light. We'll explore the night sky, location shoots, using off camera speedlights along with nature and landscape. Grab your camera...strap on your hiking boots...and join me. I think you will enjoy the adventure.

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

 Finally managed to put together a 3 day, end to end solo canoe camping trip. It was something I've been planning for almost 3 years. For the past several months the weather just has not cooperated. Lots of storms, rain, wind, and high lake levels prevented me from getting out. My campsites were flooded because the lake was up to 16 feet above its normal summer pool level and it took a good month for it to drop back down.



This past week, the winds moderated, the lake level was once again at its normal level, my campsites were high and dry, and the hot and muggy summer weather cooled down to a comfortable 83 to 85 degrees. For three days I paddled and camped. the weather was beautiful and I enjoyed a long and challenging trip. Please enjoy this simple video about the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment